Organisation of accomodation:
Promo Florence Events
Forum Unesco University and Heritage
►Introduction and Themes
“Young people are the future, and led by their teachers they’ll have the heavier and heavier responsibility to stand up to the past heritage with the sensibility, attention and respect that we must teach them today.”
The 11th International Seminar "Forum UNESCO - University and Heritage" organised by the University of Florence, Italy, will introduce research works conducted on documentation and valorization of the architectonic assets. It will also include documentation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage as well as of museology.
Scientific knowledge, work and documentation about architecture and urban environment, the relationship with territory, as well as tangible and intangible heritage, become formidable tools to the comprehension and exploitation of the universe of data and signs given by history and culture, regarding in substance human life that found and takes place in a certain geographic area.
The implementation of academic programmes constitute the fundamental basis for fulfilment of critical and explanatory activities, linked to the creation and development of a specific settlement, city or territory, while they concur to the expectation of the required planning interventions for preservation and exploitation with the main purpose of supporting the human activities.
The purpose of this Seminar is to make a comparison between the experiences implemented in scientific context, that let the setting-up of working methods usable in research for a proper comprehension of architecture, of historical and archaeological sites, of urban environment and of the whole territory, as well as historical, cultural and environmental contexts under research, with the final result of obtaining essential instruments for a critical reading and careful evaluation of preservation and restoration actions in these fields.
“To protect and treasure the genius loci means in fact embodying the essence in still new historical context. We can also say that a place history should be its “self-fulfilment”.
The papers or posters must to refer to seven thematic areas as follows:
TA 1 - DOCUMENTATION TOOLS FOR MANAGEMENT OF CULTURAL HERITAGE
- Legislation and normative action for cultural and natural heritage conservation (national, regional and international).
- Policies and strategies for natural and cultural World Heritage listing.
- Documentation for risk-mitigation and risk management in situations of human and natural disasters for the conservation of sites.
- Higher education policies for conservation and development.
- The role of international / intergovernmental and non governmental organisations in conservation and development.
TA 2 - DOCUMENTATION FOR SUSTAINABLE CONSERVATION OF BUILT HERITAGE
- Managing historic buildings, monuments and their context
- Inventory and monitoring documentation and technologies
- Vernacular architecture and traditional building techniques
- Traditional knowledge and techniques and information technologies
- Documentation and information technologies for site interpretation and promotion
- New technologies used for sustainability of conservation
- Architecture and modelling
- Virtual reality in architectural development
- Graphics and visual arts for architecture
- Architecture and lighting
TA 3 - DOCUMENTATION FOR THE CONSERVATION OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL PROPERTIES
- Non destructive techniques : applications and development
- Information and documentation technologies in archaeology
- Photo-interpretation, remote-sensing and new technological systems for monitoring and exploration
TA 4 - DOCUMENTATION FOR THE CONSERVATION OF HISTORIC CENTRES, CITIES AND URBANSCAPES
- Historic centres, documentation and conservation policies
- Conservation and innovation in diachronic urban sites
- Documentation technologies and methodologies for the management of townscapes and cultural landscapes
TA 5 - DOCUMENTATION FOR MUSEUM CONSERVATION AND INTERPRETATION
- New technologies for interpretation
- Virtual museum science
- Eco-museums, archaeological parks and interpretation centres
- New technologies for museum management
- Paintings, sculptures for qualifying architectural space
- Ornamental and painted architecture, scenography
TA 6 - EVALUATION TOOLS TO EVALUATE THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC IMPACT OF WORLD HERITAGE LISTING
- Measuring the role of heritage conservation in sustainable development
- Evaluating site carrying capacity, over-visitation and exhaustion for the benefit of conservation
- Building a matrix of socio-economic indicators as a decision-making tool for conservation and site management
- Evaluating the impact of tourism, site visitation and over-visitation
- Cultural Landscapes and city/townscapes as an economic resource
- Tourism and economic sustainability
- Measuring / Evaluating the social, economic and cultural impacts of World Heritage inscription
TA 7 - DOCUMENTATION FOR CONSERVATION OF INTANGIBLE HERITAGE
- New technologies applied to identification, inventorying and conservation of practices, representations, oral traditions and expressions, including languages, knowledge and skills, performing arts, social practices, rituals and festive events, knowledge and practices concerning nature and the universe
- New technologies applied to intangible heritage dissemination
- Oenological and gastronomic traditions
- Traditional craftsmanship: transmission and adaptation to new economic patterns
More info in: www.forumunescofirenze.net
The three following languages are the official languages of this seminar: Spanish, French and English.
Seminar preparatory documents will be published in the language used for paper presentation (Spanish, French and English). They will include a provisional list of participants and a provisional agenda including side events.
►Organisation of accomodation by:
Promo Florence Events
Società FLY EVENTS srl
Via del Giglio 10 – 50123 Firenze
Tel. +39 055 2382762 - Fax +39 055 283260
www.fly-events.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTER ON LINE - APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE
The link redirect you to an external website