International Congress on Nature in Oriental Art
Iran,Tehran, Autumn 2005
Call for Papers
Man’s inherent connection to nature has been expressed in highly diverse forms in the course of time, with each ethnic group and civilization using archetypes and metaphors of its own to depict it. Art, which is the cultural memory of civilizations, reveals the quality of this relationship and offers a retrospective of man’s vision of nature in different eras and cultures.
Seeking to single out and survey the outlook of oriental artists towards nature while benefiting from the views and critiques of art experts and scholars, the Academy of Arts of the Islamic Republic of Iran will be holding a “Congress on Nature in Oriental Art”.
Topics of the Congress: 1.Nature in oriental schools of art; 2.The role of tools and materials in oriental artistic creation; 3.Thematic and comparative studies of nature in oriental and occidental arts;
The influence of oriental thinkers’ views and opinions on the creation of nature-related works of art.
Paper submission regulations:
· Previously submitted or published papers will be rejected by the secretariat of the Congress;
· Accepted papers will be published in the book of the Congress;
· The secretariat of the Congress will be free to select and edit the papers submitted;
· Each paper should be laid out in 10 to 20 sheets of A4 paper;
· Accepted papers will be envisaged to be exhibited and printed, or solely in view of printing;
Researchers whose papers are accepted and wish to attend the Congress will be extended invitations by the Secretariat.
Official languages: The official languages of the Congress will be Persian, Arabic, English and French.
Prizes: The Iranian Academy of Arts will award a diploma of honor, a statuette of the Congress and a special prize to each of the authors of selected papers.
Paper submission deadlines:
Paper abstracts should reach the secretariat of the Congress by 11 July 2005. The originals of papers accepted by the scientific board should reach the secretariat of the Congress by 1 Sep 2005.
Date and venue:
· The Congress will be held in the autumn of 2005 in Tehran.
· The venue will be notified in the forthcoming catalogue.
Address of the secretariat of the Congress:
Research General Office,Academy of Arts,
No. 23, loghman al-doleh Adham St.,south Felestine St., Tehran, Iran.