SCHEDULED NEWS & EVENTS FOR 2005 IN FLORENCE
VIVA HOTELS ART in our heART
III International Masterclass 'BAROQUE MUSIC' directed
by the British counter tenor PAUL ESSWOOD.
21 - 26 February
To study vocal in Florence, which was –
four centuries ago - the “Melodramma‘s
Florence: the cradle of Italian language –
an ideal town for art and studies.
A great Master: Paul Esswood; an extraordinary
artist, professor of the Baroque Vocal Interpretation.
An occasion for young singers to meet the leading
personalities of the world of Opera - a chance
for vocalists from different countries to be united
by a great tradition and the same passion of music.
A distinguished experience of study. Not only
an excellent studying experience, but the 7 days
of Florentine Masterclass will become for each
young singer an indelible life period of professional
and personal growth.
Programme and Rules:
1. The programme of the course is aimed at perfecting
the technique of interpretation of Baroque Music
(voice and harpsichord) - Bach, Handel, Monteverdi,
Purcell, Schütz, etc.
2. The Masterclass will be held in Florence, at
the Auditorium al Duomo, via de’ Cerretani
no 54R, from Monday 21st to Saturday 26th February
3. The Course is open for the participants or
graduates from Italian Institutes of music and
participants or graduates from foreign Academies
and Universities of Music (in both cases with
the title of study not former than December 31st
4. The Course is open for the Countertenors, all
female voices and harpsichordists.
5. On Monday 21st February, at h. 10.00, the audition
for the selection of regular participants will
take place at the Auditorium al Duomo, via de’
Cerretani no 54R, Florence. The candidates that
will not take part in the selection or will not
be selected, can be admitted to the Course as
6. The candidates will have to present:
- the application form using the relevant attached
form, with an indication of two pieces at their
free choice, to present during the audition and
with proposals of other pieces they intend to
perform during the Masterclass.
- the certificate of payment the “Enrolment
Fee” (not repayable) in the value of €
250,00 to be effected on to the current account
no. 5512/00 in Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze,
Agenzia 28, BIC SWIFT CRFI IT 3F, IT04S0616002828000005512C00,
(for not Italian applicants) made out to: Fleming
– III Masterclass Internazionale “Musica
Barocca a Firenze” - Via del Giglio n. 10
- 50123 FIRENZE
7. The applications without the certificate of
payment will not be taken into consideration.
8. This documentation must be received by mail
(on the address of Fleming Youth - Via del Giglio
n. 10 – 50123 Firenze – Italia) or
by fax (0039 055 283260) within 1st February 2005.
9. After the audition of the candidates (and in
any case before the first lesson of Maestro Esswood)
the payment of the following “Attendance
Fee” will be requested:
regular participants: € 230,00
auditors: € 30,00
baroque harpsichord course: € 90,00
11. All the participants will have to provide
a valid identification.
12. The regular participants will be allowed to
take advantage of the free assistance of “basso
continuo” for the whole duration of the
13. The Final Concert of the best participants
of the Masterclass, with the special appearance
of Paul Esswood, will be held on the 26th of February
2005, h. 21.00, at the Auditorium al Duomo, via
de’ Cerretani no 54R, Florence.
14. At the end of the concert the best participants
will receive a certificate of attendance signed
by Maestro Paul Esswood.
15. The organisation intends to highlight to the
public the initiative and its participants through
16. Furthermore the activity of the Masterclass
predicts a possibility to organize visits to Florentine
museums and musical institutions.
17. The organisation reserves the right to change
the programme owing to organizational reason,
giving a prompt notice to all persons interested.
18. Further information can be requested at:
- The Secretary Office of Fleming Youth, tel.
0039 055 2382 762, fax 0039 055 283260,
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly visiting
the web site www.flemingyouth.it at “Youth
Opportunities” - “Masterclass Bel
Accomodation & Facilities in Florence in 3*
and 4* hotels with special rates starting from
€ 75,00 the double room with buffet breakfast
included (rates subject to availability), booking
& Travel , Via Ghibellina, 117 r - 50122
Florence - Italy, Tel. 0039 055 2645297, Fax 0039
055 2648959 - e-mail email@example.com.
This masterclass is realised with the Patronage
of the British Consulate and the co-operation
of the City Municipality of Florence.